NIBA recently launched a series of free webinars on relevant belting topics such as human resources, safety, business development and technical aspects of belting.
Missed a webinar? We've archived them here for easy viewing on-demand.
Have an idea for a webinar or want to present one? Contact Michael Battaglia, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Industrial Distribution Programs
June 16, 2020
This NIBA Webinar will provide an overview of the Collegiate Industrial Distribution Landscape, the benefits of these programs for NIBA members and potential success. Programs that will be discussed include Texas A&M University, University of Nebraska at Kearney, University of Alabama at Birmingham, East Carolina University and Purdue University.
Jess Wiley, Applied Industrial Technologies
Dr. Ben Brachle, University of Nebraska at Kearney
Dr. Barry Lawrence, Texas A&M University
Conveyor Belts in the Modern Distribution Center
May 5, 2020
This webinar will give an overview of the two primary types of DC system designs and an analysis of the individual belt types found on each machine.
Rob May is the Business Development Manager-Logistics, for the Nitta Corporation of America. May has been with NCA's manufacturing facility, based in Suwanee, Georgia, for seven years. He works with distribution and OEM customers.
Kim Millsaps, NCA President, has been with the company for 33 years and is a key member of the Nitta Logistics and Converting industry programs. A Navy veteran, with six years service during the Viet-Nam war, Millsaps was named President of NCA in 2008. During his tenure as President, NCA has become the company's Global business unit leader in the Conveyor and Power Transmission division's sales growth.
How is the Belting Community Addressing COVID-19?
April 30, 2020
A special NIBA webinar discussing how belting companies are addressing COVID-19.
- Tom Wujek, President and COO, Flexco
- Tim Shaw, President and CEO, Shaw Almex Industries
- Ken Engelsmann, President, Beltservice
- Brian Schachner, President, Vaughn Belting Company
- Bill Thaman, President, Thaman Rubber Company
We ask our panelists some of the following questions:
- What are you prioritizing in the short term to maintain relationships with customers?
- Regarding the CARES act, do you think this is applicable to our members and do you have any advice for them on what actions to take or not to take?
- How has COVID-19 impacted your workforce (office staff vs technical employees)?
- Have you adjusted leave of absence policies or telework? Are there any creative ways that your companies are adjusting to leave of absence or policies related to time off or teleworking?
- Are you implementing any new safety measures for your office, shop, installers, or sales team member?
- Where do you see the industry in 6, 9, 12 months? What is your perspective on a recovery timeline?
- How are you planning to re-engage with customers who might have different perspectives on visits and sales meetings?
- Are you making permanent changes to travel policies?
- If you have employees out of work, how will you prepare employees for coming back to work?
How Belting Companies are Improving Employee Morale, Changing up Recruiting and Productivity
November 13, 2019
Workforce development is a key issue for all businesses. According to NAW’s Optimizing Human Capital Development, intensified competition, constant technological innovations, changing customer expectations and a diversified workforce are just a few external forces that have disrupted distributors’ traditional business practices. Recruiting new talent into our industry has been a major challenge for many member companies. Traditional methods are not producing the same results as they have in the past. Unemployment is at an all-time low and finding talent that is energized by manufacturing positions is getting tougher and tougher.
In this program, Robin Wood from Beltservice Corporation leads a discussion about different strategies of effective employee retention, recruiting and productivity. Attendees will learn about:
- The key factors of benefit plans to increase motivation
- How to realize greater employee retention
- Creative strategies to discover new talent
- How to incorporate today’s technology to better engage your workforce
- The importance of education and training opportunities