NIBA Annual Convention
July 20, 2020
For the past few months, NIBA leadership and staff have been actively monitoring developments related to COVID-19 and our ability to host an in-person meeting in September in Austin, TX.
After evaluating all possible options and after considering our responsibilities to all members and the local community, we’ve decided to cancel the NIBA 2020 Annual Convention.
What does this mean for you if you have already registered?
If you’ve already registered, there is no action required at this time.
- NIBA will refund all registration costs within the next two weeks. Attendees should expect to receive a credit on their bank statement if you paid via credit card. We’ll follow up directly if you paid via bank transfer or check.
- NIBA staff will reach out to sponsors and exhibitors separately.
- Financial donations to the Austin Service Project will not be refunded unless specifically requested, as NIBA would still like to honor our commitment to provide a donation to the local community. Purchases of the NIBA insulated mugs will be refunded and offered again next year.
If you’ve already made a hotel reservation, there is no action required at this time.
- NIBA staff, in collaboration with the hotel, will cancel all reservations booked under our room block.
Attendees should expect to receive an email notification from the hotel regarding the cancellation and if any deposit was held, it will be refunded to the card used during booking.
If you have already made a commitment as a sponsor.
- First, thank you!
- Second, a member from the NIBA staff will be touching base with each of you directly.
- Sponsors will have the opportunity to apply their 2020 sponsorship to the 2021 meeting or receive a full refund. NIBA can also issue partial refunds if sponsors are interested in donating to the scholarship fund.
More information is coming soon regarding virtual meetings for the NIBA annual business meeting, as well as Board of Directors and committee meetings.Thank you to all NIBA members for your continued support. We sincerely hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy during this difficult time.
It’s unfortunate that we won’t be able to come together as a group but please stay in touch with each other and we’ll look forward to seeing ALL of you next year in Palm Springs!